We booked Safehouse Suites because it presented a 5 star offering, this was not the case.
1) You do not find out where you are staying until the day you arrive which is not ideal. We had been told our accommodation would be one of 3 places of 5 star quality, however, the day we arrived we were told our accommodation had changed. This was disappointing as my parents were also travelling to NY and had booked a hotel in midtown where we had been assured we would be staying.
2) The hotel we were provided with was OK but definitely was not 5 star and did not reflect what we had paid.
3) You are provided with a concierge but they are not like a concierge in a 5 star hotel. We booked everything ourselves.
4) We did have a car upon arrival and departure, but breakfast was not provided despite being in the booking.
5) The main reason why we have given this a bad rating is because Safehouse Suites never returned 50% of the deposit we paid. In addition to paying through Expedia, they require an extra deposit per room. We have chased them numerous times for the remainder of the deposit but have had no response. Expedia did a fantastic job of following them up and despite not getting a response, Expedia refunded us the remainder of the deposit.
Would not book with Safehouse Suites again.
Les plus: Nothing.
Les moins: They should not require an additional deposit, and you should now where you are staying up front.