Come to kick back and relax by the peaceful pool, make a splash at the local river beach, or explore the glorious countryside and pretty villages of Charente.
Whatever your perfect break looks like, it’s all on the doorstep of this stunning two-bedroom self-catering apartment.
With airy bedrooms (one double and one twin), a spacious living room and diner, a recently renovated kitchen, and a sunny terrace overlooking the pool, it’s an ideal set-up for families or couples.
Set in a quiet spot on the outskirts of St Romain, it’s just a 5-minute stroll to the local shop for breakfast pastries and essentials, and the public tennis courts and a small football pitch are even closer.
Aubeterre-sur-Dronne, named one of the most beautiful villages in France, is also just a 30- minute walk away. Take in the sweeping rural views on the way to this historic village where you’ll find great restaurants and bars, shops, a small supermarket – and even an 11th century underground church.
Pop down on Sunday for market day and lunch with the locals on the lively square or head to the river beach for a kayak adventure or refreshing swim.
The big supermarkets and Monday market at Chalais are a ten-minute drive away and slightly further afield is Riberac that has hypermarkets and a large outdoor market on a Friday. Chalais has great rail links for day trips to Angouleme or Bordeaux. Bergerac, Cognac and St Emillion are just some of the towns and cities within easy driving distance for lovely days out.
After all that exploring, you’ll have earned another dip in the pool…
• Heated pool with depth of 1.5m throughout.
• All linen and towels (including pool towels) provided.
• Kitchen includes oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer and washing machine.
• Free WiFi and TV.
• Free parking on-site for several cars.
- Check-in time is 4pm and check-out is 10am.
- Smoking is not allowed.
-Parties are not allowed and music in the garden must cease by 10pm
- Dogs are welcome at the property but are not allowed in the pool.
- There is a BBQ for guest use which must be cleaned out the following day. if the BBQ is left unclean, a 50 euro payment will be required to cover cleaning.