This ideally situated brand new 3-bedroom family house is just outside Brixham within easy reach of Paignton, Torquay and quirky Totnes. The whole family, including dog, can stay at this peaceful abode and enjoy a barbecue in the garden as well.
The following shops are a 10 minute walk from the house:
*Galmpton village store and butcher
*Churston Farm Shop (amazing pasties and cakes)
There are LIDL, Sainsburys, Aldi and Asda supermarkets a couple of miles away along the A3022 Brixham Road.
You will most likely spot them as you drive to the house. The closest town is Brixham which is 2 miles away, with a good mix of well-known retailers and independent shops.
We are fortunate to have two pubs with restaurants within ten minutes of the house. The Railway Inn is less than a minute away, and the Manor Inn is a short walk into Galmpton. Both are dog friendly and the food has been great each time we have visited. The Churston Farm Shop is also 5 minutes walk away. The menu is fairly extensive from a simple coffee and cake to a full Sunday roast. With Brixham, Dartmouth, Totnes and Torquay within a 10 mile radius of the house, you really have a huge range of options for all tastes and budgets. Particular favourites of ours include:
* The Steam Packet at Kingswear (superb stone-baked pizza)
* Shoals at Brixham (you must try the monkfish tail scampi)
* The River Shack at Stoke Gabriel (beautiful river side dining)
* Simply Fish at Brixham (everyone loves fish and chips in the harbour)
We recommend the following local activities, all of which are within a 5 mile radius of the house:
* Catch the Dartmouth Steam Train from Churston Station, which is right on your doorstep!
* Walk to Elberry Cove and if you are lucky you might see some seals or dolphins who regularly swim in the area. Continue onto Broadsands beach and grab a drink and snack at the 2 cafes. Our dogs absolutely love this walk.
* Go paddle-boarding, kayaking or just relax in the sun at Stoke Gabriel millpond on the edge of the River Dart
* Catch the Greenway ferry across the River Dart to the lovely village of Dittisham.
* Join the Greenway Walk route for a 3.5 mile walk from Galmpton to National Trust Greenway Gardens
* Take in spectacular coastal views and hidden beaches along the coastal path from Berry Head in Brixham
* Have a game of golf at Churston Golf course, or pitch and putt at Cayman Golf
* Go shopping in Totnes, which has a wide range of quirky, independent shops and great market on Fridays and Saturdays.
Churston Station is solely used by the Dartmouth Steam Railway, so the nearest main line station is at Paignton.
There is a bus stop for all local routes 5 minutes walk opposite Churston Golf Club. If you want to visit Brixham, we recommend using the park and ride service, which is a 5 minute walk away near the entrance to Cayman Golf.
Key Selling Points
The key standout of the property is the location. We are in a small, quiet estate which is in a 5 mile radius of several well known tourist towns such as Brixham, Dartmouth, Paignton, Torquay and Totnes, each of which have a huge range of amenities, restaurants and things to do. In addition to this, you are a 30 minute walk from the beautiful Elberry and Churston Cove, and within 5 miles of larger beaches at Goodrington Sands and Paignton. There are many different paths and trails you can take, which are perfect for dog walks or off-road cycling. The interior of the house has been designed with an industrial style, with plenty of little touches and nods towards the Steam Railway Station from which the estate takes its name. Whenever possible, we have preferred to upcycle second hand items or build our own using reclaimed materials from local companies, to give the house a unique look. There is also a ping pong table.
Pets - allowed
Smoking - not allowed