Welcome to The Cottage at Sunny Day
A stylish and very bright 3BR/3 Bath lakefront house with private lake access offers the perfect stay for every season.
Kayaks, hiking, exploring, fishing and more.
Big patio overlooking Taunton Lake with grill and dining area as well as your own dock.
Equipped with kayaks, paddleboards, strong WIFI, Smart TVs, and a fully stocked kitchen, you will have everything you need to enjoy the Lake life.
Kayak and paddle-board from dock to explore this beautiful, pristine lake. Kayak and paddle boards shared with property next door.
Taunton Lake is consistently ranked one of the cleanest lakes in CT and is well stocked with brown, rainbow and brook trout; large- and small-mouth bass; and white and yellow perch. No motorized boats are permitted making the lake quiet and peaceful.
Perfect house on the lake, offering beauty and tranquility all year!
We invite you to relax & unwind, wake up to serene lake views.
Pets welcome upon approval.
The Cottage is adjacent to its sister property SUNNY DAY and is excellent for a family getaway, relaxing weekend, or just a place to work remotely. Rent alone or inquire about renting alongside Sunny Day to enjoy more family and/or friends.
The home is a short distance from local breweries, wineries, boat rentals, grocery stores, coffee, and shopping. And if you want to hit the Big Apple, New York City is 75 miles away.
Sleeping Arrangements at the Cottage (occupancy 6)
- Luxurious Primary Loft Suite, King size, incredible lake views, with balcony overlooking living space. Large walk-in closet and a private bathroom with walk-in shower. The lift picture is NOT operational.
Main Level: There is no bedroom or bathroom on this level.
-One bedroom with king-size bed and full private bathroom with tub. Walkout to lower-level patio and the lake.
-Second lower-level bedroom with king-size bed also has walk out to lower-level patio and lake. Bathroom in hallway with shower.
- Pack-n-play is available with linens when requested. Highchair provided upon request.
Main Level: The main level offers a modern newly renovated kitchen and large family room. A large comfy leather sectional puts you in a prime position to enjoy lake views through a wall of windows. Colder months, enjoy the warmth of the fireplace and the amazing scenery.
House is secured by an Alarm system and 24 Fire and Carbon monoxide detection.
Modern kitchen fully equipped. Fridge/freezer, dishwasher, oven, microwave, cookware, utensils and dishes, Keurig and Drip coffee maker and all the essential tools for grilling, baking and/or making cocktails on the back porch.
Living Room is perfect for playing games, watching movies, or just catching up with family and friends on the large sectional couch in front of the fireplace.
Dining Area with seating for 6.
Walk out onto the deck with spectacular views and a great dining experience with grill.
Cozy area for kids to gather and watch a movie or play games.
Lakefront living features an oversized deck with grill area off of the main level. Great space for outdoor entertainment overlooking spectacular Lake Taunton.
At the water's edge is a large dock.
Lifejackets, beach chairs, towels, Paddleboards and a kayak for guest use available, shared with property next door.
Four parking spots are available. Three by the house and one by the road. There is no garage.
- Strong Wifi perfect for remote working
- Air conditioning and heating in bedrooms.
- Pets will be considered. Prior approval is a must. A $25/night per pet fee will be added. Unapproved pets will be charged a minimum of $250. Pets are never allowed on furniture and must be crated if left alone in the house.
- Beach chairs and towels are available.
- Fishing all year round on Taunton Lake... ice fishing in January and February!
- Starter logs are provided for fireplace.
- The starter amenity pack includes shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, hand soap, dish soap, dishwasher pods, a roll of toilet paper in each bathroom, a roll of paper towel, laundry detergent. All of which should get you started with your stay.
- Fresh linens and towels. There is no daily cleaning service.
- Guest Access. You will have access to the entire property for your stay. An electronic code will give you access to that home at check-in and will be disabled upon check-out. You are welcome to ship packages to the home during your stay.
- The lift shown in the pictures is not operational. This property is not handicap accessible.
- Newtown is a “small town” in Southern Connecticut 75 miles outside New York City. Newtown and its surrounding towns offer historical charm, hiking & biking trails, pick-your-own farms, creameries, local wineries and breweries, amazing restaurants, entertainment and shopping.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Activities that will NOT be permitted include: Fireworks, Hunting/guns, Pornography
Rentee must be staying at the property.
NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ARE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. The maximum number of guests or visitors for this house, as indicated in the listing, should be honored at all times, day or night. These are cause for eviction with no refund and may damage our ability to offer the home to future guests exposing you to liability. This is a quiet residential neighborhood, please be respectful of the neighbors at all times!
Please NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ARE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. The maximum number of guests or visitors for this house at all times, day or night, is _PropertySleeps_. These are cause for eviction with no refund and may damage our ability to offer the home to future guests exposing you to liability. This is a quiet residential neighborhood, please be respectful of the neighbors at all times!