Nizwa full day tour
Audio guide in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children 3 yrs and younger are complimentary provided they do not occupy their own seat.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Roundtrip transport is available from most centrally located Muscat city hotels. Please arrange pick-up from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 30- 60 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time
- Tours depart between 9.00 to 09.15 (AM) every Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays only. You will arrange your exact tour departure time directly with the local tour operator after booking.
- In accordance with EU regulations about consumer rights, activities services are not subject to the right of withdrawal. Supplier cancellation policy will apply.
What you can expect
After picking you up from the hotel, the tour will start from Shatti Al-Qurum (next to Intercontinental Hotel). Forts and castles are Oman’s most striking cultural landmarks and together with its towers and city walls, have historically been used as defensive look-out points. It is estimated that there are over 500 forts, castles and towers in Oman.
Our first stop will be the charming ancestral village of Birkat Al Maws at the bottom of the green mountain, Jebel Akhdar. We will then head to visit the beautiful Nizwa centre with its Fort ( outside visit ) and its massive circular cannon tower, making it one of the most impressive forts in Oman. We will walk through the traditional Nizwa Souq then have lunch in a local restaurant.
After lunch we will proceed to the Jabreen Fort.The Jabrin Castle, built in 17th century, is one of the finest of its kind. Its magnificent plasterwork, the carved doors and the painted wooden beams of the ceilings makes this castle amazingly different .After we visit the Jabrin castle, we will drive towards the Jebel Shams one of the most famous mountains in Oman, passing one of the oldest small towns of Oman Bahla with its fort ( outside visit ) , before we reach back Nizwa downtown, from where we will drive smoothly to Muscat after a long day !
Tour will end in Avenue Mall & then we'll transfer you back to your hotel.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks and gloves required
- Masks provided
- Individually wrapped food options available