2-Day Tour of Cappadocia, with Flights & Accommodation
3.5/53.5 out of 5
- A land of surreal landscape & unusual rock formations.
- Zigzagging valley & deep canyon of underground cities.
- A scene of many of the most fascinating fairy chimneys.
- Unrivalled views of Cappadocia from atop Uçhisar Castle.
- A chance to taste the region's fine wines.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- If you have limited mobility, you should not take part.
- This is a private tour and closed to other parties.
- Children aged 8 and younger are not allowed in the hot air balloon.
- In accordance with EU regulations about consumer rights, activities services are not subject to the right of withdrawal. Supplier cancellation policy will apply.
What you can expect
Discover the moon-like landscapes of Cappadocia on this 2-day tour. With its deep canyons, unusual rock formations, rock-carved homes, and underground cities, this lava-covered plain is brimming with natural wonder and fascinating heritage.
Day 1: Istanbul–Cappadocia Begin your tour with a visit to Derinkuyu Underground City. Meander through its many levels and see structures carved out of geological formations.
Pass by the bubbling waters of Nar Golu before reaching Ihlara Valley. Roam through the zigzagging canyon and hike up steps to find rock-carved churches and other glimpses of traditional rural life.
After lunch, stop at Selime Monastery, the biggest rock-cut monastery of Cappadocia, before returning to your hotel for dinner.
Day 2: Cappadocia–Istanbul Venture to Göreme Valley, a site sculpted by erosion. Discover how wind and rain have worked together to create a surreal landscape—a scene of pillars, cones, and fairy chimneys.
Continue to the citadel of Uçhisar, the tallest point in Cappadocia. Climb atop the rocky outcrop, wander through tunnels, and find millstone doors. As you reach the top, marvel at the panoramic views of the region.
Enjoy lunch, and then visit Zelve, home to many fascinating fairy chimneys. Complete your trip with Cappadocian wine and old pottery in Avanos.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Masks provided