Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque & Grand Bazaar Half-Day Tour
Live commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children aged 4 or younger, are complimentary when accompanied by paying adults.
- The Blue Mosque cannot be visited on Fridays.
- The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays.
- This is an open group tour and takes place everyday.
- In accordance with EU regulations about consumer rights, activities services are not subject to the right of withdrawal. Supplier cancellation policy will apply.
What you can expect
History and culture are around every corner on your journey through Istanbul. Discover the Hippodrome, the mighty Blue Mosque, and Hagia Sophia Basilica. See how traditions live on and are still part of daily life as you hunt for a deal in the labyrinthine streets of the Grand Bazaar.
Your morning starts with a visit to the remaining columns and obelisks of the Hippodrome—once the centre for sports, theatre, and politics in the former Roman capital of Constantinople. See where slaves once rode chariots in ferocious races and the place where orators shared brave words for the assembled crowd.
Your tour continues to the beautiful Blue Mosque, also known as the Sultan Ahmed Mosque for its founder. Witness the tomb of the great ruler, and admire the delicate designs and floral patterns of the Ottoman tiles that decorate the walls of the shrine.
Feast your eyes on the majestic 6th-century Byzantine basilica, Hagia Sophia. It was once a church, then a mosque, and now a mosque. View the architectural innovation of this domed structure as well as the panelled interior with coloured marbles and ornamental stone inlays.
Complete your tour with an exhilarating shopping experience at the bustling Grand Bazaar. From the trading of diamonds and carpets, to food and perfumes—you are sure to find an excellent bargain.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Masks provided