Ancient Delphi Full-Day Trip with Optional Lunch from Athens
4.6/54.6 out of 5
- Castalian Spring's sacred waters & ruins of Temple of Apollo
- Whispers audio devices for social distance during the tour
- Stroll around Delphi site & and the world famous Oracle
- Visit Delphi museum and step into ancient history
- Enjoy a full-day and carbon-neutral tour to magical Delphi
Multiple meeting/redemption points available, see location information for full list
Transfer with audio guide
Book this option to join the return bus transfer from Athens and explore the most famous sights of ancient Greece. Once you reach Delphi, enjoy free time at your own pace with an audio guide on your phone. The admission ticket and the guided tour inside Delphi are not included.
Full Day Tour
This option includes guided visit and admission tickets to Delphi archaeological site, Museum & Athena Pronaia.
Full Day Tour with Lunch
This option includes guided visit and admission tickets to Delphi archaeological site, Museum & Athena Pronaia as well as lunch in a traditional family-owned restaurant.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Lunch will be provided at restaurant that follows the hygiene protocols (if lunch option is selected).
- During the Winter season (1 November - 31 March), the visit to Athena Pronaia Sanctuary will not take place due to the limited opening hours of the exhibition areas.
- Pickup is available from selected hotels in central Athens. If you do not require hotel pickup, check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- We are reducing our carbon footprint with sustainable practices.
- Please note that during the summer season, the visit to Athena Pronaia depends on the authorities' permission. Due to the limited parking spots, it may not be possible to reach the site.
- Admission tickets to Delphi Archaeologiclal Site and Museum are not included in the Transfer Only option
- In accordance with EU regulations about consumer rights, activities services are not subject to the right of withdrawal. Supplier cancellation policy will apply.
What you can expect
Greek mythology comes to life as you walk the roads of Delphi, considered by the ancients to be the centre of the world. Admire Apollo’s temple as you hear tales of the city's famous oracle. Explore the most famous sights of ancient Greece on a full-day guided mythology-inspired tour, at the same time with zero carbon footprint. Visit a fascinating archaeological museum, and take in the magnificent terrain surrounding Arachova—a picturesque village on the slopes of Mt. Parnassus.
As you ride away from Athens, gaze out at the colourful landscapes of Beotia and Theva—the birthplace of King Oedipus. According to Greek mythology, Delphi is the place where Zeus’ eagles clashed after flying from the end of the universe in search of the “navel of the world.” Arrive at the site and set off to explore its ruins, temples, and museums. Your guide shares myths and legends of the Greek gods, helping to immerse you in the history and atmosphere of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
At the Castalian Spring, see the fountains where pilgrims coming to see the oracle once stopped to wash and drink, and then stand before the columns of the Temple of Apollo, where the Pythia (high priestess) delivered her prophecies. Stop into the museum for a closer look at the archaeological treasures discovered throughout the ruined town, and pull out your camera at the Sanctuary of Athena Pronaia, a unique circular temple perched on a hill. After lunch, return to Athens passing by the picturesque mountain village of Arachova, built on the south slopes of Parnassus, well known for its attractive hand-woven carpets, rugs and quilts, as well as for its wine and cheese (short photo stop).