Skip the Line: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill Guided Tour
4.6/54.6 out of 5
- See the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum in 3 hours
- Save time with Skip-the-Line Access to all three sites
- Knowledgeable guide to bring history of ancient Rome to life
- Tales of gladiators & sea battles in ancient amphitheatre
- Tour groups of 24 people or less
Multiple meeting/redemption points available, see location information for full list
Skip-the-Line Tour with Expert Guide
Skip-the-line Guided Tour of up to 24 people to the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill.
Meeting point for this option is at Largo Gaetana Agnesi.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children 1 and younger are complimentary.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Strollers or baby carriers cannot be accommodated on this activity.
- If some of the venues are closed, your guide will provide a thorough explanation from the outside and offer an extended tour of the Colosseum instead.
- Please note: All participant names are required at the time of booking in order to enter the Colosseum Underground. Every customer is required to carry a valid ID card that matches the name on the ticket, or an entry will be refused. Name changes are not permitted once the booking is confirmed
- Due to the fact that Colosseum Underground entry tickets can only be purchased using the full name of each passenger and cannot be modified or cancelled, no refund will be given for any tour cancellation once the tickets are purchased on the passengers’ behalf.
- For tours departing 4 PM or later: We are unable to accommodate guests younger than 6 years old due to venue security restrictions.
- Please note that the itinerary for our tours may differ from the advertised order of destinations. We assure you that any changes made to the tour itinerary are carefully planned and intended to enhance your overall experience.
- Please follow Redemption Instructions on your voucher to reach your meeting point. Some tour options have different meeting points, please read carefully!
- In accordance with EU regulations about consumer rights, activities services are not subject to the right of withdrawal. Supplier cancellation policy will apply.
What you can expect
The ancient glory of Rome returns to life! Skip the Line at three of the most significant surviving remnants of the Eternal City: the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum. Your expert, English-speaking tour guide will share anecdotes and history, rebuilding the impressive ruins with tales of Ancient Rome’s heyday on this small-group tour of up to 24 people.
Your journey into antiquity begins with the Colosseum, one of the world’s most iconic sights. Your guide will call on their historical and archaeological expertise to tell you all about the battles, both martial and political, that played out in this incredible amphitheatre. You might be surprised to learn that ‘Gladiator’ didn’t get everything right and that feats of ancient engineering even allowed the Romans to re-enact naval battles here.
The next stop takes you back to the beginning. The Palatine Hill is the very spot where brothers Romulus and Remus did battle, and where the victorious Romulus founded the city that would become Rome. Here, you’ll enjoy spectacular views overlooking your next destination: the Roman Forum.
Your journey culminates at the heart of Ancient Rome: the Roman Forum and the Via Sacra, the Sacred Way. All of Roman life could be found in this bustling marketplace: commerce and trade, political rallies, military parades, and the sacred ceremonies of the Vestal Virgins.
In just three hours, you’ll experience all that allowed Rome to endure so long – staying immersed in history the entire time, without wasting a moment waiting in line.
More you might like for your dates
Colosseum by Evening Guided Tour with Arena Floor Access2h4.3/5(109)Free cancellation available
Price is €79 per adult